The 33rd Real World Emissions Workshop
March 26-29, 2023
Renaissance Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach, CA.
The 33rd Real World Emissions Workshop will take place at the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel in Long Beach, CA, from March 26th through 29th, 2023. The 2023 workshop honors over 30 years of research and contributions to ever-improving emissions and air quality and continues to evolve in response to research needs. We welcome abstracts highlighting new and novel research in topics relating to:
- Fuel Effects on Exhaust Emissions
- Emissions Modeling
- Emissions Measurement Methods
- Improving the Emissions Inventory
- In-Use Light Duty
- Emissions Control Measures: I/M, OBD, Technologies and Strategies
- Air Quality / Effects of COVID-19 on Air Quality
- In-Use Heavy Duty
- Brake and Tire Wear
- Particulate Emissions and Measurement
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicles / Alternative Fuels and Transportation
The 2022 Workshop hosted over 200 participants from 11 countries and was co-sponsored by the California Air Resources Board, the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory, the South Coast Air Quality Management District, the Truck and Engine Manufacturers Association, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Deadline to Submit Abstracts is October 7th, 2022
Abstract applications can be submitted as one of the following:
While we do our best to accommodate your preferred selection, your selection does not guarantee placement in the workshop agenda. Abstracts submitted as platform presentation may be invited as a lightning talk or a poster presentation.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Each abstract submission must include:
- Type of Presentation Requested — Platform Presentation, Poster, or Lightning Talk. Students are encouraged to identify themselves as student presenters. Abstracts for demonstrations may also be submitted.
- Primary Topic Area — Select among the topic areas listed or enter other unlisted topics.
- Contact Information
- Biography — Limited to several sentences for the chair to introduce the intended speaker
- Speaker Information — Identify if the submitter is not the intended speaker
- Title of Talk or Abstract
To be considered to present at the 33rd Real World Workshop, submit your abstract by clicking the “Submit Your Abstract” link below. You must use the abstract template linked below.
Abstracts are evaluated based on content, originality, and relevance to the workshop. Presentations can describe works in progress or even planned work if the project is of sufficient scope and relevance. Preference for platform presentations is given to those containing new research results. Presentations should not be of a marketing or promotional nature.
Important Dates and Deadlines to Remember:
- October 7th, 2022— Abstract and Biography Deadline
- December 2022— Notices of Acceptances
- February 3rd, 2023 — Session Chairs may request draft platform presentations
- March 26-29, 2023 — Real World Workshop
Registration will be available shortly on this page. A preliminary agenda is expected to be posted in January 2023.
Demonstrations are also encouraged. If you would like to present a demonstration at the workshop, please submit your application at this link:
The Coordinating Research Council assumes the right to publish or reproduce submitted abstracts and all presentations given at the Real World Emissions Workshop on the CRC website and in conference proceedings and to summarize the materials in articles for other publications.