The 34th Real World Emissions Workshop
March 10-13, 2024
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
San Diego, CA
The 34th Real World Emissions Workshop will take place at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay in San Diego, CA, from March 10th through 13th, 2024. The 2024 workshop honors over 30 years of research and contributions to ever-improving emissions and air quality and continues to evolve in response to research needs. We welcome abstracts highlighting new and novel research in topics relating to:
- Emissions Measurement Methods
- Air Quality and Impact of Regional Emissions Changes on Environmental Justice
- Non-Exhaust Emissions
- Electric And Hybrid Vehicles
- Emissions Control Measures: I/M, OBD, Technologies and Strategies
- Emissions Modeling
- Conventional And Alternative Fuel Effects on Emissions (Low-Carbon Fuels, Etc.)
- Improving The Emissions Inventory
- In-Use Heavy Duty
- In-Use Light Duty
- Particulate Emissions and Measurement
- Real World Impacts of Policy
- Medium And Heavy-Duty ZEV Readiness
- Ramifications Of EV Charging on Electric Grid Emissions
- Alternate Fuel and Zero-Emissions Vehicles (Hydrogen, Non-Carbon Fuels, Battery-Electric Fuel Cells)
- Low Carbon Vehicle Technologies
- Impacts Of Infrastructure Development for Low-Emissions Fuels and Vehicles
- Decarbonization: Technologies, Complications, And Mitigation Strategies
The 2023 Workshop hosted over 200 participants from 12 countries and was co-sponsored by the California Air Resources Board, Truck and Engine Manufacturers Association, US Environmental Protection Agency, South Coast Air Quality Management District, and National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
Deadline to Submit Abstracts is October 20th, 2023
Abstract applications can be submitted as one of the following:
While we do our best to accommodate your preferred selection, your selection does not guarantee placement in the workshop agenda. Abstracts submitted as platform presentation may be invited as a lightning talk or a poster presentation.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Each abstract submission must include:
- Type of Presentation Requested — Platform Presentation, Poster, or Lightning Talk. Students are encouraged to identify themselves as student presenters. Abstracts for demonstrations may also be submitted.
- Primary Topic Area — Select among the topic areas listed or enter other unlisted topics.
- Contact Information
- Biography — Limited to several sentences for the chair to introduce the intended speaker.
- Speaker Information — Identify if the submitter is not the intended speaker.
- Title of Talk or Abstract
To be considered to present at the 33rd Real World Workshop, submit your abstract by clicking the “Submit Your Abstract” link below. You must use the abstract template linked below.
Abstracts are evaluated based on content, originality, and relevance to the workshop. Presentations can describe works in progress or even planned work if the project is of sufficient scope and relevance. Preference for platform presentations is given to those containing new research results. Presentations should not be of a marketing or promotional nature.
Important Dates and Deadlines to Remember:
- October 20th, 2023 — Abstract and Biography Deadline
- December 2023— Notices of Acceptances
- February 2nd, 2024 — Session Chairs may request draft platform presentations
- March 10th-13th, 2024 — Real World Workshop
Registration will be available shortly. A preliminary agenda is expected to be posted in January 2024.
Demonstrations are also encouraged. If you would like to present a demonstration at the workshop, please submit your application at this link:
The Coordinating Research Council assumes the right to publish or reproduce submitted abstracts and all presentations given at the Real World Emissions Workshop on the CRC website and in conference proceedings and to summarize the materials in articles for other publications.
March 10-13, 2024 – Hyatt Regency Missions Bay
San Diego, California