The 2021 Real World Emissions Workshop returns to the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel in Long Beach, CA March 7th through 10th, 2021 to celebrate its 30th Anniversary. The 2021 workshop honors 30 years of research and contributions to ever-improving emissions and air quality and continues to evolve in response to research needs. We welcome abstracts highlighting new and novel research in topics relating to:
- Air Quality
- Special Topic: Effects of COVID-19 on Air Quality
- Emissions Modeling
- Off-Road / Nonroad Emissions
- Emissions Measurement Methods
- Fuel Effects on Exhaust Emissions
- Improving the Emissions Inventory
- Particulate Emissions and Measurement
- Emissions Control: Measures (I/M) and OBD, Technologies, Strategies
- In-Use Emissions for Light- and Heavy-Duty Vehicles
- Brake- and Tire- Wear Emissions
The 2019 Workshop hosted 265 participants from over 12 countries, and was co-sponsored by the California Air Resources Board, the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory, the South Coast Air Quality Management District, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Deadline to Submit Abstracts is October 30th, 2020
Abstract applications can be submitted as one of the following:
- Platform Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Lightning Talk– Click to Learn more about Lightning Talks!
While we do our best to accommodate your preferred selection, your selection does not guarantee placement in the workshop agenda. Abstracts submitted as platform presentation may be invited as a lightning talk or a poster presentation.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Each abstract submission must include:
- Type of Presentation Requested — Platform Presentation, Poster, or Lightning Talk. Students are encouraged to identify themselves as student presenters. Abstracts for demonstrations may also be submitted.
- Primary Topic Area — Select among the topic areas listed or enter other unlisted topics.
- Contact Information
- Biography — Limited to several sentences for the chair to introduce the intended speaker
- Speaker Information — Identify if the submitter is not the intended speaker
- Title of Talk or Abstract
To be considered to present at the 30th Real World Workshop, submit your abstract by clicking the “Submit Your Abstract” link below.
Abstracts are evaluated on the basis of content, originality, and relevance to the workshop. Presentations can describe works in progress or even planned work if the project is of sufficient scope and relevance. Preference for platform presentations is given to those containing new research results. Presentations should not be of a marketing or promotional nature.
Multiple abstracts may be submitted, although oral presentations may be limited to one per submitter. Submissions as oral presentations may be offered as lightning talks and/or poster presentations. Lightning talk submission may be invited as poster presentations. If you would like your abstract to be evaluated for all categories, please submit it under “Platform Presentation.”
Important Dates and Deadlines to Remember:
- October 30th, 2020 — Abstract and Biography Deadline
- Early to Mid- December— Notices of Acceptances
- February 3rd, 2021 — Session Chairs may request draft platform presentations
- February 22nd, 2021 — Lightning Talk Slides due to CRC
- March 7-10, 2021 — Real World Workshop
Registration will be available shortly at www.crcao.org. A preliminary agenda is expected to be posted in January 2021.
Demonstrations are also encouraged. If you would like to present a demonstration at the workshop, please contact Jan Tucker at email@example.com for more details.
The Coordinating Research Council assumes the right to publish or reproduce submitted abstracts and all presentations given at the Real World Emissions Workshop on the CRC website and in conference proceedings and to summarize the materials in articles for other publications.
March 7-10, 2021 Renaissance Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach, California
Demonstrations are always welcome! Please contact Jan Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.